Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Another Typhoon

Hello friends and family!!!

So I am going to write this email in tagalog because I feel like it, so sa week na ito, maganda talaga ang work na nangyari dito, maraming kaming naturuan at napakaprogressing nila ngayon so sobrang astig iyan, tapos sa lunes pumunta kami sa misyon home, sobrang masaya ang mga bagong announcements sa mission na ito, ang focus ni president ngayon ay yung pagiging masunuring sa mga batas sa misyon upang magkaroon ng mga blessings sa gawain na ito. 
 
(Thank you Uncle Tim for translating this for me! ---  This week, the work here was really great, we were able to teach many people and they are progressing very well now, so that is awesome, then on Monday we went to the mission home, the new announcements for this mission are really good, President's focus right now is on becoming obedient to the mission rules in order to obtain blessings in this work.)
 


Okay, just kidding!  I just wanted to bug you (:  So this week was actually a really good week!!  I first want to start with our church attendance because,wow it was so awesome!  So this week we have really just tried getting everyone we know to come to church.  Because it's christmas time and to remember the real reason why we celebrate christmas.  It was so incredible!!  We broke the record for attendance again I'm pretty sure.  Because we had 239 people at church.  It was so amazing.  This is only a branch and we had 239 people at church.  So basically it's so incredible.  I just don't know how else to describe it because I was just so happy the chapel was so packed.  We were so excited!!  We also had 8 of our investigators come to church.  That was so amazing also because they are so getting ready to get baptized!!  I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but we are really trying to meet our goal of 1650 baptisms for the mission.  We are like 300 short but our faith here is so incredible.  We are going to reach the goal.  It's so amazing.  I'll just let you know now have a baptism coming up this Saturday and then another one next Saturday and then 2 more probably the following Saturday.  So it's going so incredible.  The christmas spirit is so strong over here.  The members are so happy and I just am so glad with the hard work we are having and seeing all the miracles take part! 




So this last Monday, we went to Tarlac.  I got to go to the mission home with all the other zone leaders in the mission and that was cool!  There are 2 more from my batch that are zone leaders, so it was awesome to be able to see them.  We just talked about stuff and how we have grown here in the mission.  So it was so amazing!  We learned a lot but it was a lot of just leadership stuff and how to lead by example so that was awesome!  Talked about getting down and getting back up again and learned some interesting stuff about faith and Peter walking on water.  Just totally analyzed that story!  That was awesome!  But there are a lot of stuff changing here in the mission still.  It's become a little more down to the letter obedience which I think upsets a little people.  But I love it.  The reason we are out here to work and so it's gonna give us more work to do!!  So I'm looking forward to that!!  We had some new changes in our reporting also.  Just with how many lessons we should strive for a week.  So lots of hard work coming forward!!  Oh something that I  thought was absolutely hilarious was something that president showed us at our MLC (Mission Leadership Conference).  He showed us a video of just getting back up even if its hard, and wanted to make us laugh a bit. So he showed us a new clip from Studio C, the show on BYU Channel.  (It's like Saturday Night Live but with less racey topics!)  It's about soccer and some guy getting hit in the face a couple times.  So if your back home, look it up on YouTube.  Because oh my gosh everyone was cracking up laughing.  It was funny but taught a good lesson of just trying to get back up and work through stuff!!  Also got to buy some really good food back in the city, but that means my money is going to go out fast... so that's no good! (:




So today for P day we went to a place called PCC.  It's the Philippine Caribou Center.  Kinda interesting.  Just took a tour of caribous and stuff and learned some weird stuff.  But it was cool because at the end we got to buy some dairy products made with Caribou milk.  I bought a way good chocolate shake that cost me quite a bit, but it was so creamy!!  So that was delicious!  Other then that for p day today, I think we just are going to rest and relax a bit.  So it's going pretty good here!!  If you want to keep some people in your Prayers, please pray for Mark, Marco, and Osang.  They are the 3 candidates we have for baptism this upcoming weeks.  2 will be Melchizedek priesthood holders, which is awesome cause we will just get stronger as a church here! 
 




So that's basically the news that's happening here in the mission!!  We are having a big focus on REAL GROWTH and what that really means.  So we are finding some good leaders and doing some great finding to help get more strong the church.  Ya I don't know how to have correct grammar in my English anymore so I just give up it.   Sounds good to me..... haha (his spelling totally stinks too!)  But thank you for your prayers.  It means so much.  Also the storm that we had here or the typhoon wasn't very strong in my area.  Just some strong winds so nothing really here.  Just a little cold and windy but we are all safe here.  So thank you again for praying for us here!!  It means a lot!! Mahal ko kayong lahat! (I love you all!) Lalo sa pamilya ko!!(Especially my family !!)

Ingat kayo lagi!! (Always careful !!)
Elder Hedman




No comments:

Post a Comment