Tuesday, February 3, 2015

New companion and another baptism!

Well, it's been a good week family and friends.  First off, I can't believe it's super bowl Sunday.  Let me know who wins this next week.  I can't believe this is the last one I have to miss so.  That's awesome!! Haha But sounds like everything is going good back home!  Sorry I don't have a lot of time to email today but I'll let you know the things that happened this week.


First off,  I'll let you know that tomorrow is our MLC meeting with the president again.  So that will be really fun.  I'm excited for that.  So I'll let you know what happens with that next week in my email.  I'm sure some things will be changing here in the mission so that should be interesting. 

So this week was a crazy good week!!  It was transfer week and seeing how I "killed" my companion in the mission and I didn't have a companion, I had a feeling that I'm as going to be getting a new companion!!  So my new companion his name is Elder Magallanes.  He is Filipino but the weird thing is, he really isn't from here.  This is the first time that he has been to the Philippines.  He was actually born in Australia and raised there.  So he is actually English speaking and only here did he learn how to speak Tagalog!  So we are both foreigners I guess you could say.  So that's the new companion!!  He's a really nice guy and he's good.  He's obedient too which is great of course!  So that's my new companion.  I'm sure you will hear more about him as the emails come the following weeks!


So this week we did have another baptism which was really great!!  We finished off the family that got baptized last week.  It was good that she also got baptized.  But I was kinda sad that they all didn't get baptized together.  But hey what's important is she got baptized right.  So that was so awesome!!  I have had 12 baptisms now in this branch so that's so awesome!  And also this week we found a new person who is a referral from a member who accepted a BGD (baptism goal date) for March 22.  I don't know if I'll still be here, but hey that's awesome!!  I'm hoping the family will also want to listen.  The parents said its okay for the child to be baptized but they are catholic.  So I'm hoping as we teach her, they will open up because I  want to baptize more families.  So that's fun!!!  We are also doing a lot of finding considering we don't have very many investigators.  The ones that we do have aren't progressing very well.  So it's a lot of knocking on doors.  Or I guess since they aren't doors just screaming tao po.... so that's fun!!  Hey as long as we keep working hard, we will find some great prepared souls.  I just have a feeling it will work!!



So thats basically this week in a nutshell.  Not to much has happened, but its been good!  I'm excited for the upcoming week with the meeting with president.  So that should be really fun.  I'll let you know how that goes. Hope all is going well with you guys!!  I love you all and keep up the great work! And thanks mom and dad for the more pictures i love it.  That's how it should be each week.. :p hahaha Love you all!!

Elder Hedman

No comments:

Post a Comment