Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Salamat! (Thank you)

Pathetic... (I told him I forgot to get a regular letter to him this week)  Kailangan mong magsisi, you need to repent.... hahahaha  That's okay, mom, I forgive you because I don't want to be the one committing the greater sin!!  hahahah just kidding. The jazz are crap,  whats new there.... how pathetic I should be playing for them... hahahaha (I told him how bad the Utah Jazz are this year.)   I hope that the Packers win!  That would be so awesome!!





I'm glad that things are starting to come back to normal.  That is good!!  So as for me this week it was a crazy week.  We weren't allowed to go out past 6 on New Years Eve because the people here are crazy.  And they are crazy! They just light off fireworks and don't care!! Anyone can buy them so there were little kids just lighting off bottle rockets and fire crackers.  Which are illegal in Utah, right?  So it's so funny.  They just laugh and almost hurt them selves.  They really are so funny!!  It was so loud!  It was like impossible to sleep at all that night because it sounded like cannons were going off! 

Dinner!  I told him I couldn't believe he tried this.  He said, "I was like, Oh Gosh, what am I doing?"

Did it taste good?  His reply, "It actually tasted really good!"

 I miss the relaxing time and just not worrying.  Out here we are constantly busy.  Sometimes that just isn't too fun.  But the work is going pretty good.  Hopefully we will have a baptism a week from Saturday.  That will be our first one so that is way cool!!!   We are constantly trying to find new people to teach.  So we have to talk to a lot of people!  The language is still so hard but it is slowly coming.  I'm becoming more confident!  So that is a good thing!!   In my journal I'm trying to write in Tagalog every now and then.  That way I get practice with it.  I thought that would be a good idea! And oh I memorized the first vision in Tagalog.   I'll share it with you!!  So it says ( Ako ay nakakita ng isang haligi ng liwanag na tamang-tama sa tapat ng aking ulo, higit pa sa liwanag ng araw, na dahan-dahang bumaba hanggan sa ito ay pumalibot sa akin. Nang tumuon sa akin ang liwanag, nakakito ako ng diwalang katuhan na ang liwanag at kaluwalhatian ay hindi kayang maisalarawan. Nakatayo sa hangin sa itaas ko. Ang isa sa kanila ay nagsalita sa akin tinitawag ako ng aking pangalan at nagsabi, itinuturo ang isa, ito ang aking pinakamamahal na anak pakinggan siya.)





Pictures from the hike they took that morning.
 That was pretty cool I thought.  So I'm pretty proud of that!!  For p day today, we went on a hike in the morning.  I'll send some pictures to you!!  Our zone leader is like the coolest guy ever!!  He is definitely one of my favorite people.  He's becoming a way good friend of mine.  He's from Idaho and ran track and cross country plus played basketball.  He's so funny!!  He is in some of the pictures that I will try and send out!  So that's basically whats been going on here. What's new in like technology and that and sports? Like college basketball?? I miss you guys! Love you!!

Zone leader from Idaho.

More from the hike!


No comments:

Post a Comment