Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Kevin Made it to the Philippines

So this last week....what a weird and great and awful week!!!  So first to start out, I'll start by saying Happy Birthday to Sydney!!  Tell her happy birthday from me!  And I got your package.  It was great.  It's hard for me to send anything to you guys here.  So it might be a while cause there is no where to send anything in the area I am in.  So sorry about that!! 

OK, so about this last week!  We had a meeting in Cabanatuan on Tuesday.  We learned what the topic for this month is about.  The topic for us right now is on how to become a visionary missionary and what a visionary missionary does in order to fulfill his purpose as a missionary.  Oh my gosh, I just want to say that the spirit was probably the most amazing thing in the world.  It was just like constant revelation coming into my mind and new understandings of the scriptures that I had read.  I was struggling to write it all down because it just kept piling in and in and in!  It was definitely the most amazing experience ever!!  We talked about a visionary missionary just doesn't go through the mission and never says anything.  It is not enough.  He is constantly finding new ways to improve himself and to become a better servant to the lord.  So that is what I am working on. It is when I think I have done everything that I can.  Then I go out and I do even more because that is what the mission really needs.  We need people who never say there is enough work going on.  We keep on going out and share the gospel with the people!  
After that meeting we came back to Baler.  Probably the worst ride of my life.  I had no leg room at all.  Then Wednesday, we had a meeting and just shared everything that we learned with everyone.  That was just great and went really well!!! 

So now I'll get into the bad stuff... (sorry)  So we were out proselyting Wednesday and we came to Brother Eric's house, the guy from the district.  We were teaching his family and when we arrived my foot was just like really sore.  I wasn't sure why.  So I didn't think anything of it and just taught.  After it was hard to stand.  So I kind of limped the whole way home.  I woke up in the morning and felt fine, so I went out to go work.  Everything was great, but then, when we were coming back it was hurting again.  So I kinda limped again.  Then at about 9:30, I tried to stand up and I couldn't.  I couldn't stand up at all so that was awful.  I didn't know what to do, so I took some medicine and it was okay.  But it still hurt.  So I just fell asleep and didn't worry about it.  Then Friday rolls around.  In the morning, I was completely okay.  So I was happy that I could go out and work. So we went out and worked.   At like 8:15 it was just awful.  I really limped badly all the way home.  So we got home and I laid down.  Then after a while, I tried to stand.  It was just awful.  I couldn't stand or walk at all. So I called our zone leaders and they had the mission presidents wife call us.  I talked to her and let her know what was going on and how I couldn't like walk at all.  She told me to take a lot of medicine and then get a priesthood blessing.  So I asked my companion and he gave me one.  That night was the most painful night of the mission.  I really thought at times I was gonna have to get surgery cause we didn't know what was happening.  I woke up Saturday morning and it was like nothing happened at all. It was completely okay.  I couldn't feel the pain at all.  I was so grateful for the power of prayer and the power of a priesthood blessing.  It was the most amazing thing ever.  It went from thinking I needed to be hospitalized to having no pain.  All because of the power of the priesthood and the power of prayer.  So it was just another testimony builder to me that if we truly involve the Lord in what we do, then he will bless us in so many ways!  So don't you guys ever forget that!!  That is the most important thing.  To involve the Lord in everything we are doing!!  

Sunday we actually had 4 people come to church that were our investigators .  A family of 3 and a part member kid! T hat was really cool.  The kid is getting baptized Saturday.  The family of 3 hopefully will be on the 28th of June!!!!  Keep them in your prayers!!  Their names are the Carbonel Family.  It would be great if you guys could pray for them!!  

Kevin!!!
As for P day today we aren't really doing anything at all.  Just relaxing cause everyone is just exhausted.  So sorry, no exciting pictures!!  But I did get your package.  I took a picture with Kevin for Jessie!!  (This is an inside joke.  Jessie bought a fake pigeon at Walmart once and named him Kevin.  It was Jessie's "mascot."  And it went in the package to the Philippines!)  I'm gonna make a collage with pictures of Kevin then send it home for Christmas hopefully. hahahaha  So that has been my week!! remember that the church is true!! Love you all!!

Elder Pogi
More Kevin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment