Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Presidency Visits

So dear family and friends,




Well this last has been super interesting to say the least.... I have no idea how to even start but I'll try and start with the conference we had with President Ardern of the Quorum of the Seventy.  So that was so awesome.  They are literally some of the nicest people that I have ever met in my life.  They just do everything in a way that wants to make you be better and really show the true love of Christ.  It was so great because I really learned about being bold and direct when teaching doctrine, then showing where we get the doctrine from.  It was so interesting because he totally brought me to a different style of teaching, but I learned so much! 





Also our mission president talked about reading the Book of Mormon and helping investigators to understand the importance of it .  Understanding that we aren't just there to share a message but they have to act on the stuff they are learning or they aren't going to progress in the way the Lord needs them too.  It was a such a great workshop and learned a lot of stuff I need to do to help them understand more.  And get them to act more on the gospel and not just listen.  That was definitely the highlight of the week, but now the kind of weird part!! 




So my companion is like sick and can't work because he had surgery a while ago.  It just hurts him to much, so this week I haven't really had any time to go out and work.  But whenever I could, I did and worked hard.  Because of that obedience, the Lord really blessed us.  Even though I got like 2 days to work and one was Tuesday, we had 7 investigators come to church which was totally awesome.  Just totally strengthened my testimony of the importance of exact obedience in everything that we are doing.  If we do that, then the Lord will bless us in so many ways!!  





But what this means for me and my companion is he is going home, back to Tonga.  I have no idea what is going to happen to me.  So I'll definitely let you know about that this next week.  It's really weird and I don't really understand what is going on, but I know good stuff will happen.  The Lord will always provide a way, so that was super interesting! ! Sorry this message isn't the longest, just kinda pushing hard for time!!  Remember the gospel is true!!  And always be obedient!!

Love, Elder Hedman

No comments:

Post a Comment