Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Giant Spiders

So this last week has been a pretty interesting week!!  Nothing super exciting happened really!  But it was a fun week.  First I'll talk about P day today.  We didn't do anything this morning but I think we are going to the beach later today.  So I will send some pictures of that next week for you because that should be a pretty cool thing.  Sorry not very cool pictures this week!




But I went on exchanges this last week with the zone leader.  His name is Elder Park.  He is so sick! He is from Tooele, Utah and he has been out for 20 months almost 21.  He's close to going home but he likes to joke about all going home and stuff.   hahaha  So that was pretty funny! We got a lot in common, so he's way chill. sana pagkatapos ng misyon ko makikita ko siya.  (Hopefully after my mission I see him.)  That would be pretty cool! 

Oh, I forgot to tell you, like 2 weeks ago.  But in my area, there is the guy from the district!!! (The District is a reality TV show about Mormon Missionary Life, usually shown on PBS) Brother Eric, from that TV show on the byu channel about missionaries.  He lives just like right down the street from us.  He is the elders quorum president here in the branch.  (Elders Quorum is the adult male group of men in a ward.  Any man over 18 belongs to this group.  They met once a week for a lesson. The president is the guy in charge of all the guys!)  His wife and kids are recent converts so we teach him still.  It's so cool.  I got some pictures of that so I'll send you that!  So I'm a famous missionary because I'm teaching someone from the TV show the district!!  haha  That was pretty cool and I thought I'd let you guys know about that!!

Brother Eric


So we are doing a lot of finding in our area because we need a lot of new investigators.  We have found some really good ones and they seem like they have some great potential.  Only 1 investigator came to church yesterday.  So this week we are gonna try and focus on the importance of coming to church!  So that should be pretty good! 

We do a lot of community service projects here.  I forgot to bring my camera but we basically destroyed someones house so we could make a new one.  We demolished the persons house then helped build up their new one!!  That was a pretty neat experience!!



Oh also they have these giant spiders that are like banana spiders.  I think that is what they are called.  I saw one the other day.  Apparently, it was a small one, about the size of my foot! (He wears a size 11 shoe!)  Freaking huge spiders!!  The biggest one that our zone has seen is like apparently about 18 inches wide.  So that's freaking creepy as heck!  But it's the Philippines, so what do ya expect!! hahahaha 

This is not the exact spider, but this is what he saw.  Holy cow!  I think I would cry!
So nothing to exciting happening this last week.  This upcoming week we have an open house for the church, so that should be pretty interesting.  I'll let you guys know more about that!!   Remember that the church is true.  Make sure the gospel is a priority and the Lord will bless you in so many ways!!  Keep working hard and keep up the great effort!! Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment