Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Baptism!

Hello Friends and family!

Yeah I'm officially 11 months out.  Wow the time goes by fast.  So this week was kind of an interesting week!!  So for transfers, literally our whole entire zone stayed.  Except I had to go and get a new companion so that was cool!  So I'm still up here in Dipaculao, up in the paradise area.  It's been about 6 months almost.  So this is my 5th transfer up here.  I'll be here until November I guess.  But wow that was kind of a shocker!  So my new companions name is Elder Purca (from Negros Occidental in the middle of the Philippines) and he is a way cool guy!  We are having a blast!  It's super fun and we are getting great work done!!
 


So this last week we did have our baptism go through.  It was so awesome.  I was so excited for that!!  It was kinda nerve racking.  It was supposed to start at 4 o'clock so we got there early to set everything up.  By 5 o'clock no one had showed up yet!  But right after that, they all showed up which was awesome.  So we got the baptism started.  It all just went great!  He got baptized and gave such a strong testimony after of the atonement of Jesus Christ.  How the atonement can really help you change!  This has been one of my favorite weeks in the mission because of that baptism.  It was such a neat experience!   Also this week I've continued my study of the atonement.  It's been so incredible.  Iv'e truly come to learn so much about the atonement.  Wow, it's the most important thing ever I can for surely say!  Other then that not to much happened because of just crazy traveling to Cabanatuan and back for transfers!  Then also later today I have to go down and travel again because tomorrow we have our MLC/ DLC  or mission leader and district leader conference.  So that should be pretty fun!  I'll get to see a lot of my batch (his group from the MTC last October) because a lot of them just became district leaders which is so cool!
 



Congrats of the baptism of Lydia (his cousin).  That's so cool that she got baptized!!  I can't believe she is 8 years old already.  That has gone by so fast.  I feel like she is still a 3 year old little girl!



Just to close off, I encourage you all to read the Book of Mormon because of how important it is!!  If you are already reading it, keep doing it because its the most incredible book in the world.  You can learn so much if you just study it and really work hard!  I love you all and hope you all have a great week!!!
 
Mahal Ko Kayo! (I love you!)
Elder Hedman

No comments:

Post a Comment